Thursday, October 22, 2009

Post Paleo...

Hey Paleo Pals!!! I hope you all are doing great with only 9 days left of the diet. That is right Paleo Pals NINE DAYS!!!!! Can you believe it, 22 days down and I am feeling great. After surviving for 2 and a half weeks it must be getting tougher trying to think of what to eat and how to cook the food. So here are just a few links with recipes to help you out for the last NINE DAYS;

1) thepaleodiet
2) paleofood
3) livingpaleo
4) cheatday
5) fitnessandfreebies
6) ehow (more on breakfast meals)
7) rawpaleo (raw foods for snacking)

After 2 and a half weeks do you think you need to change some of your Paleo ways? For me I know I have been eating way too much nuts, dry frutis and fresh fruits. So I decided to enter the world of Paleo/zone hybrid. Today was my first day and honestly it isn't too bad. I feel that zone dieting is quite good. I feel full majority of the time but I can't miss a meal or eat late if not I will be straving; but to do a Paleo/zone hybrid is way tough because we can't eat so many things on the zone diet list. Anyway I am going to keep it up as it is yet another challenge for me.

Paleo dieting has made me feel awesome. Each and every day that passes by I am taking on WODs with higher aims and goals. I am raising the bar against my own capabilities. I am gaining new PR's by the week. Most recently;

Deadlift : 319lbs
BB cleans : 154lbs
BB strict press : 110lbs
Continuous kipping pull ups : 12 (I was not able to do continuous pull ups till recently in UK)
Unbroken Ring Dips : 7 (use to be 4)
Unbroken strict pull ups : 7 (previously 5)
Annie : 7 mins 26 secs

I recently did a body composition test on week 2 of Paleo dieting. My results are;

% Body fat : 11.6%
Muscle Mass % : 64.9%
Body weight : 77.5kg (was 81kg 3 weeks ago)
Sum 8 : 65.9 (Olympic athlete's are 42)

My goal till the end of this year is to drop my Body Fat % to 10% and below, Body weight to 75kg, Sum 8 to 55-60.

So let me ask you Paleo Pals. What are your aims and goals for this Paleo Diet? What are you hoping to achieve at the end of this diet? More importantly, what are you planning to do post Paleo? Continue with the Paleo, start a zone diet maybe?

As for me, my plan is that on 1st November I am going to go berserk and enjoy the day with my friends who are amazing because they are all wanting to celebrate my end of Paleo diet with me. I have even planned out what I am going to have for breakfast that day.

  • Cereal
  • Bacon & eggs
  • sausages
  • Waffles
  • Toast with Peanut Butter and Kaya!!!
But on Monday (2nd Nov) I am back on Paleo/zone hybrid. I am going to continue eating and living healthily with some occasions of enjoying the pleasures of life. So what's going to happen Paleo Pals? What are your post Paleo plans?

P.S. a note to Paleo Pals who drink coffee. Try to cut down ok? Suppose to drink in moderation (check out the foods to consume in moderation). Here is a coffee substitute =)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your PRs!

    After 31 days, I reckon I would try to stick to Paleo cause I like the philosophy behind it (no processed foods, keeping things simple).

    This week, some days have been hard, some days not too hard where I actually look forward to my Paleo meals.

    Had a chat with JW and he recommends us going Zone. Seems like the next time I guess though I reckon it'll be some sort of hybrid.

    Thanks for the coffee recipe. Doesn't sound like easy to get ingredients. Since Paleo, I went from 3-4 cups a day to barely 1 cup a day. I guess I could stop, just need to stop the habit of making a cup of coffee. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! I wanted to blog about my feelings towards this paleo today too!
    Well, i must say, great minds think alike.

    Reckon that eating real food is really good. Will buy real coffee powder + milk instead of instant mix.

    Will eat healthily at all times :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Paleo Pals =) Sooooo proud of each and every one of you!!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete