Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 3: Sugar, oh honey, honey


Day 3 started out quite bad because I hit the gym first thing I woke up. Felt like terrible doing 10 min AMRAP of thrusters & burpees. My legs felt especially felt weak.

However after lunch, I felt as energetic as before. Got home, did 100 burpees and swam 10 laps in the pool - and still had energy to clean up my apartment!

Breakfast: Mix fruits (half bowl)
Lunch: Assorted fish, veggie & egg dishes shared with fellow PM-mons and fellow Paleo-pal LynnX - probably not very Paleo since it's cooked outside with all those additives and stuff...
Snack (after swim & burpees): Banana + handful of nuts and dried fruits.
Dinner: Steamed fish + steamed assorted vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, oyster mushroom, carrots)

I analyzed my ups and downs in energy with The Housemate and she reckons I was getting a lot of indirect sugar from my 2in1 coffee mix, nut bars (Carmen's Energy bar), neslo ice & yogurt drinks - all the stuff I regularly take before gym/yoga.

I think my body has finally adjusted to the-lack-of-sugar-spikes. Yay.

Steamed fish

I'm surprised how easy it was to steam fish! (yes, my first time!). Been buying fish in the supermarket and it averages to about RM 5 per slice, not too bad I suppose.

Garlic, ginger, sesame oil + dash of lemon juice

It was delicious (if I do say so myself)..

1 comment:

  1. well done!! So happy for your steam dishes. I shall have more steam dishes too.

    Look at what my family served for mid-autumn festival and you will faint. haha.

    ReplyDelete