Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Persistence and Results

Many people asked the bonus question : 'Why are you going on a diet?'
To which the reply was "To see if I can last 30 days."

I wasn't really concerned about what i'll eat, but more of whether I will last 30 days... which I think would be no problem as there was a bunch of people who were in the same boat. Support helps!

Everyone would be able to diet. But the discipline, mental drive and physical adaptation would be a huge challenge to most. Most dieters fail in achieving their goals due lack of support/understanding from the people around them. (Tell me if you agree/disagree with this.)

Firstly, everyday we are blessed to have convenient access to food. I mean, even in office, the gastronomical briberies happen everyday...before lunch..after lunch...3pm...5pm... keropok, chips, airport chocolates and hometown kuihs... and soon most skinny beans turns into the guy in Gamer... (if you've watched Gamer, you'd know who I'm referring about). Outside, anyone can pick up a decent meal that has bountiful carbs and extreme sugar levels. Just think McDs. What in the caveman world can you obtain? a raw piece of chicken perhaps... Reality? It's eat fried chicken or die. Choose.

So, how does one train the mind to "stick with the plan"? What do you tell yourself to withstand the hunger pangs ever hour? ("tahan..tahan..tahannnnn... ok cannot...i need fruits!")How do you 'discipline' the mind?

Secondly, in order to go through this plan, you must have an end in mind, thanks to Stephen Covey. What drives you? (Not Caltex obviously) What do you want to have in 30 days? How would you feel? Would your eating traits change?

Finally, at the end of 30 days...all of us may have turned into savagely ravenous monsters and autobots that would be craving for sugar...or not. Our bodies will adapt based on our minds' instructions. Perhaps, our blood sugar levels would be super optimum that our doctors make us the "perfect blood sugar example". Perhaps, we would have so much knowledge about food and our bodies that we can control between a food need or a desire(cravings). The mind is a freaking strong thing that heads you in your desired path, subconsciously... no play play!

Coming to the mid day of Day 7 now...I'm already thinking what to eat on 31st October 2009.

I know my Crunch bar in my freezer is waiting for me...

**************************

Highlight For Today.


"eat me...eat me...eat me..."

1 comment:

  1. Chocolates, cakes and ice creams are waiting for me too... I muz persist!!!

    ReplyDelete