Friday, October 2, 2009

Introduction: Why I want to "Paleo"...

I've meet many people whom I admire for their dedication towards their work. Unfortunately, for many of them their commitment towards work is at the expense of their health and sometimes happiness. And in turn, that also effects the people around them.

After having to work with people like that, I realized that I did not want to become a person who "victimizes" him/herself, and since then I've been making an effort to take care of my health and well being.

First starting with exercising regularly. It was very difficult for me to get into the groove because I was never really into working out and enjoyed recreational activities more, such as hiking and climbing. Eventually, after a long time sticking it out and lots of encouragement from people like Anna, Mike and Soon - I've come to enjoy working out (at PushMore!!). Now, I don't get backaches as much as I did and I feel better about myself.

Image from here.

Since I'm on a good momentum here - why not try this Paleo diet thing especially since there many friends to go through this with. Besides that, I have a big deadline due soon and having a goal or challenge to be fixated on would help me keep my mind focused and not fall into the stress-abyss.

By taking good care of myself, I hope to (as my favorite yoga instructor always say) - be a better daughter, better sister, better friend, better lover and a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment