Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 4-6: Reality show


I've gotten comments from non-Paleo Pals that it's fun reading the Paleo Pal blog cause it's like a reality show. Really? That's awesome, thanks!

Have not been able to update on a day to day basis, but here's a summary:

Breakfast (normally considered lunch cause I wake up late):
Mixture of fruits, chopping into cubes.

Pre-gym/yoga
Fruits, nuts, fruits, nuts, fruits, nuts

Lunch/ Dinner
Lots of mix veggies
1-2 portion of Fish (usually only for either lunch OR dinner)
* Generally have been sticking to the 1 egg a day quota

Like Orange Shoes, I feel great as well. Only thing is I get hungry really fast so throughout the afternoon I'm eating fruits/nuts almost every hour.

When I did Helen on Day 5 which had a running component, I was quite surprised that I could run the 400m without feeling winded. When I first started running, I would stop to walk by 150m (?) (at Restaurant Media). Over the last couple of months I've been able to run without stopping but with lots and lots of concentration on my breathing and mentally coaching myself not to stop.

So I was quite amazed on Day 5 that after running 400m, it felt as if I hardly ran.

Now, I hate running for various reasons. Firstly, I'm a little heavier on top than most gals so it makes me feel quite self conscious to run. Secondly, when I run I feel as if my skin is tearing around the thigh and waist area, which makes it very itchy. I know it's a weird condition.

I always say the only way I would run is if there's a good looking guy running in front of me and a mad rabid dog chasing me from behind. Now that's quite a rare combination with the latter being more often the case.

Image from here

After sticking out at Pushmore for some time, I slowly started to do the WODs with the running component cause, well, what the heck I guess it's a good skill to pick up. And since very often there's a dude with a tight ass running ahead of me which at least gives some gawd-damn motivation (though they run so fast, I always end up running on my own anyway....).

I think generally I've been gradually building stamina, but I guess this Paleo thing could had given a little extra push with the Helen WOD. Yay!


2 comments:

  1. You're already swimming more laps than you had planned for! That's a sign of improvement babes! :)

    *two thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Ms. Z. You get fitter by the day.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete