Sunday, October 4, 2009

Going nuts?



My nut mix of almonds, macademia, walnut, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, dried apricots, dried cranberries.....

Paleo pals, are the people around you thinking you're going nuts with this weirdo diet? haha...

Since I've been spending over 9 years of my life trying to explain to people around me why I'm a "fishytarian" (and getting many many snide remarks for it - mostly nasty remarks, rarely nice remarks and a lot of silence too....), I would like to think I've smarten up about how I communicate my choices in life depending on who I'm speaking to. But of course there are some people whom you just can't hide from.

The Mother

"Ha? oo ok.."

The Mother would love for me to go on a diet cause she's from the twiggy age where skinny is never skinny enough. My non-skinniness and muscles have never impressed her. So she's more than happy that I'm on a "diet" of sorts. HOWEVER, yesterday she watched Channel E which aired a special on celebs and their quirky diets and how in the long run it may not be healthy. So now my 30 days Paleo is only 50-50 welcomed....

The Brother

"Oh... ok"

Err... ok doc!

The Boyfriend

What can he say, he's the one that shared the Paleo link in the first place. He has been pretty encouraging...

"... you can do it. 30 days and it'll change your life," dia bilang.

The good thing is he has been influenced to start eating nuts and has taken steps to try to eat healthier. Yup, no more midnight maggie gorengs (fried instant noodles)...

The Housemate

Unlike fellow paleo-pal Jonson who has very un-understanding housemates, my housemate is like a guru in all these new age, alternative lifestyle stuff! She's sharing with me her nuts, helps me with recipes, helps me analyze my food intake.

Ya, awesome housemate!!

The Colleague

She's kinda a geek (the kind everyone likes!) and when I told her about the diet, she shared her scientific knowledge about nutrition and health throughout the different civilizations... o_O

PM-mons

Most of them have super encouraging (you know who you are, thanks!). Paleo Pals are even more super duper!

The rest of the world......

Since it's only Day 3, I've not met many other people. But those outside the PM and immediate circle, I just say to them "err my gym friends and I are doing this 30-day diet where we don't eat processed food.." and try to change the subject ASAP.

----

Well, all I can say to conclude is - I like my nuts nutty!

3 comments:

  1. I like nuts too!

    This 31 days will pass in a jiffy! It's coming to Day 4 and think you're doing well :) Keep those "advance meal planning" coming along and it'll a great experience!

    Yours in Cavewoman lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have a very conducive environment to succeed in this 30 day p-p-p-paleo diet. Everyone has been very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new age?? more like old age lah. "paleo" mah :)
    The Housemate

    ReplyDelete