Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 1 - Rough Start

Yesterday was my Day 1 of the 30 day challenge. It was tough!

Mostly because I was away for a long day trip the day before, which meant I wasn't eating properly that day either. My last non-Paleo meal was in a seedy Malay food stall in a little town. Instant noodle with meaty (?) soup, ugh.

On Day 1 itself, I was rushing to a meeting and then to gym & yoga while not 100% rested from the long trip where I was driving for long hours.

Breakfast - Black coffee + handful of mix fruits
Lunch - Two slices of fish + 1 serving of veggies + lime juice
Snack - Lime juice + almonds + dried cranberries & apricot (lots of it, which I shouldn't? They say 6 almonds is 1 block of fats? OMG)
Between gym & yoga snack - 2 bananas + 1 pear
Dinner - Stir fried mix vegetables + 1 fried egg + 1 mango

Overall I felt weak, tired and bloody hungry the whole day. It was especially hard when you start the day with a sip of black, sugarless coffee! Thank goodness I could sms with Lynn & Karen seeking pity, since they also share the same feelings towards black coffee.

Eventually I started feeling better after dinner. So clearly it's a good lesson learned that I'll need to plan my meals ahead very well or will end up in this horrible starving, sugar level imbalanced state which I absolutely hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment