Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Staggered Entry into the Paleo World


OBJECTIVE: Enter the Paleo World from 8am - 12pm (4 hrs).


We are supposed to start on the 1st October. However, I think my body would go into a slight carboman shock if I went cold turkey on carbs & dairy food. So lets see how 4 hours hold up!


1)9:30am.

I just had a piece of sambal chicken & a cuppa black coffee for breakfast. My options for breakfast are very limited whilst working for a company that provides breakfast to it's staff via pantry food delivery services. The staff actually push the food trolley across the busy road to arrive at my "beautiful building". This means exposure to more 'environmentally friendly air particles'.

Today, breakfast served was fried rice with tits and tots of mixed vegetables which seemed quantifiable by your 8 fingers & 2 thumbs, accompanied with a slosh of oyster sambal... And, a piece of evil sambal chicken. Not much choice for my Paleo Pals and me hey?


Find the sambal.

I didn't want the other option of microwaving an egg which will deplete my quota of 6 eggs per week. Why waste one egg for breakfast??

Anyway, that piece of chicken IS supposed to last me till lunch...*crossing fingers*

At 11am, I was getting hungry. So I stole a couple of working minutes on a couple of dried apricots to serve the desire for carbs...(no I didn't eat the fried rice!..oh maybe just a couple of grains stuck to the chicken. Does it count to the carb counter??By like...mm...1gm)

At this point, my black coffee has turned cold. Drink it, and you'll immediately have a constipated look. >.<

FINAL RESULT: SUCCESS! Made it through comfortably. :)

I feel good! :) I don't feel hungry yet. I'm feeling slightly thirsty from caffein OD. Energy levels are at 80% (post nagging-secretary conversation). However the quantity consumed is not enough if I were to train this evening. Will probably load up on a bit more 'healthy' protein & greens later.

It's all thanks to that 300calorie protein and ZERO-grams of sugarless caffein.

If you're in the same situation as I am:

1) Take one step at a time. Going cold turkey into a lifestyle change will only screw your mind and body up.
2) Do not be tempted by colleagues offering keropoks and chocs from their trips abroad and claim they are the best chips ever tasted in town. Have to be cruel to be kind to your body.
3) Drink water. Screw the sugarless coffee.

Since 3 hours is achievable, i'm gonna try extending till 3pm. Can't wait for the evil chips/chocs to come by. Black coffee anyone?



***Update***

Well, it's 3pm now. I had a chicken chop for lunch and a super plain iced jasmine tea. Timely enough - my colleague just came by an offered us some Nestle icecream for tea.

Reward by eating? Or eating well for a reward?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha nice one. I think you may need to load up on fruits. Apples, grapes etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - in fact I have my apples ready to snack on. Which is more mental... completing 35wall balls at one go, or a carbless diet?

    I guess the former would always win.

    ReplyDelete