Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lunch with my Brotha

My dear paleo pals,


Today I had lunch with my colleague who was a fan of eating. He eats everything, anything and finds all means of getting food to where he wants it. His uncle's a bodybuilder and my Brotha claims to learn all techniques under him. He loves to show off his biceps (erm ..where?) to me at work every alternate day. So much so that I gave him my Complimentary 3 months Platinum membership to Clark Hatch because he wouldn't be able to keep up with the competitive result-oriented Crossfit style workouts.

I shall call him my Brotha since we're pretty close.



Anyway, I was pretty hungry today after the mad workout yesterday.
And so, my lunch consisted of :-

2 pcs chicken
1/2 serving vege
1 glass of coke
1/3 choc slice
1 ice cream

Yeaa...kinda offsetted the better choices of food today with the intention to enjoy the company.

My Brotha's lunch consisted of :-
2 pcs chicken
1 slab of salmon steak
1/2 plate of vege loaded with salad sauces
2/3 choc slice
4 pcs of fruit
1 ice cream


He said, "This is the best ever lunch I've ever had...and, it's JUST nice!" I think it's freakingly too much for lunch since his godzilla belly is at least 10x the size of mine. If he were really hungry, he could have ate something the size of me. Scary but true. His belly. You should see it.

However, he said "Since we didn't have rice, then we can substitute rice with ice cream and choc slice"... which in fact is a total booboo.

Little did he know that it was a worse-off choice compared to rice. So I tried to pry his mind on his take on carbs and this is what I found out:-
  • Carbs are rice, mashed potatoes, noodles, pasta.
  • Ice cream is not carbs.
  • If you eat meat with no rice, you can load up(compensate the calories) with any other foodstuff - ice cream, chocolate, beer, cakes etc.

Perhaps the majority may have this thinking about carbs.
Perhaps more education needs to go out to the masses about healthy living.
Perhaps it takes one person to start propagating healthy eating/living/lifestyle.

What are we doing today, that will encourage people to choose food wisely?

P/s. My Brotha already preplanned his teatime and managed to smuggle 3 Kit Kat Drumstick & 2 Crunch ice cream in his pockets out of the cafeteria for tea time. Talk about showing off biceps! Hah. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment