Sunday, March 21, 2010

To all the diet skeptics, people who aren't sure what diet to get on and those who are struggling to stick with the diet...

I recently had a conversation with a friend not too long ago. A fellow crossfitter at that. He has been struggling to stick on to a strict paleo or zone diet mainly because of the people he lives with and because he lives in Malaysia and the food is just too awesome. So this post is to convince him that with exercise and a good diet you will achieve the results you want.

The 2 photos below were taken at the beginning of October 2009. When we were just starting out the 30 days Paleo challenge. As you can see my body was not too bad because I had just got back to UK after 3 months of super crossfitting (Everyday, twice a day). I forgot to take pictures of my post paleo experience so I am really sorry I have nothing to prove to you that it works for a month. BUT....


Check this out. After the 30 days challenge I went ballistic and lost all will power and just ate like a happy little pig that I was. I mean who wouldn't since you haven't eaten sweet and sexy food in a month. Anyway so from the start of November I started eating what I normally ate (i.e. rice, pasta, cakes etc). Then came December and Christmas was soon upon us and ate more. Then came January and exams and I ate more and more junk because I kept thinking I could not afford the time to cook better food. Within that couple of months I had also picked up the interest of baking even more and well I started consuming deserts quite regularly. Then on one fine morning when I woke up and looked in the mirror I realized THIS....


Immediately I knew that I have to get back into the Paleo and get back into the gym. Because of Christmas break and exams I had not been in the gym in almost 2 months. So in the mid of February 2010 I said to myself "It is time to get back on Paleo and take it a step further!". Hence I starting zoning my Paleo. It was difficult to Zone at first because I was not use to the calculations and the numbers. After about2-3 weeks or so it got much easier.

My first step to achieving the Zoning-Paleo was purchasing the Zone Diet and the Paleo diet book online. I read through that quickly and with ease and it cleared up a lot of questions I had. In fact it took me to a further step into my diet, I started to consider the Glycemic index of my fruits. This helps with ensuring that I am not raising my insulin level too high unnecessarily. Hence it has been about a month since I started Zoning-Paleo coupled with 5 days a week in the gym doing crossfit WODs (Thanks Pushmore, Crossfit.com and CrossfitFootball) and here are the results.


I am back to where I want to be and doing better. Still gaining more ground. Working hard for my sexy abs =)

Anyway, let me share with you the biggest difference the diet has made;

1) Obviously the physical appearance
2) Strength has improved tremendously (My DL in Sept [just before I left KL] was about 100kg, in October I went up to 145kg 1RM)
3) Increase in mental alertness
4) Increase in concentration (probably means the same as 3)
5) I don't feel tired at all
6) Increase in recovery rate (i.e. less time it takes to recover)
7) most importantly, cooking has never been simpler

So my friends I hope I have convinced you enough that the Paleo/Zoning-Paleo works. And to my buddy Ben a.k.a Kacang Bendy, Yue, Benjamin, Gay boy, etc.... I hope you are convinced that it works and that it is time for you to get on this path along with us. Do not fear about not having the will power because we all started that way and we all are here to support you. So hope on the train with us and join us in our journey to get fitter, faster, stronger and sexier =P

No comments:

Post a Comment